Thursday, May 07, 2009

Weekend getaway

I never seem to have enough time to sit down and write everything down! My life has been full and busy lately, and I have not been able to come share everything.

Last weekend my hubby and I drove down to Tubac AZ. and stayed at the Tubac Golf and Spa Resort. We stayed there last year for our anniversary, and this year for our late birthday celebration. Both of our birthdays are in April.

This place is wonderful. We stayed in our own casita. I am pretty sure it was the casita anyways... we had only one King size bed in the room though. :)

From their website:

The 16 Casita 800-square foot suites are beautifully decorated units, with a large living room and separate bedroom. The living room has a convenient pull-out couch and cozy fireplace, and the bedroom has two queen size beds and a private patio.
The two-bedroom Casita suites come with high-speed internet access, walk-in doorless showers, jet tub and sleeper sofa. The Mexican tile floor accentuates the warmth and beauty of the main fireplace, and each private patio looks out onto one of our many breathtaking Southwestern vistas. Some units also have kitchenettes.


Yeah... it was pretty much heaven. We also ate at both of their on site restaurants, and the hubby got in a round of golf Sunday morning while I sat in the cart and took pictures. I am not really into golfing, but the course was beautiful... and I think I will try golfing next time we go down there. I did get some great shots of the local wildlife... a cardinal, and another bird with a yellow tummy. I will get those up later.

On our drive home we had a really great discussion filled with dreams for our future... One in particular I am holding on to. I think its the best idea EVER and I want to make it happen... Maybe I will talk more about this sometime in the future... not now though, this particular dream is years off still but I cannot stop thinking about it. CANNOT stop thinking about it. I really want to talk about some of my idea's with some of my uber creative friends and maybe author friends to see what they think :) But even if it is something like 10 years or more off... it excites me!

Also, I don't think I have shared here on my blog yet... but we are moving. FOR REAL this time, we are REALLY moving. We are going to be renting a house about 10 minutes from where we are now, and we move starting June 1st. I am looking forward to this move for many many reasons, I think it is perfect timing and I look forward to the new adventures that wait in the new house.

I have a lot more to write, and maybe I can find time later today or tomorrow. I also want to get pictures of Tubac up, the place is almost magical... I don't say that about the desert very often either ;)