Saturday, August 16, 2008

For Good





Last week I had the most incredible opportunity to go to LA for a few days and meet some of my best friends for the very first time. It was one of those experiences I can't quite explain... Words fail me, there are not words that describe exactly what it was like. I can say it was amazing, or wonderful... or magical... But none of those words fully convey what it was truly like to be there. I want to at least get the outline of the weekend down, and then post lots of pictures... But I really wish I had the words to describe in detail what it felt like to be with some of these people. My world is changed.

First off, I have to thank my husband, he is my favorite person in the world. I love you Chad! The whole experience happened because of him. Chad bought us some tickets to the LA Breaking Dawn Concert with Stephenie Meyer and Justin Furstenfeld, and can I tell you the concert was SO much fun! And Justin Furstenfeld is officially at the top of my cool people list... I have always liked angsty rock boys anyways, and he is SO fantastically amazing. He is talented, and soulful and his music ranges from slightly tortured to hopeful... LOVE it! Plus his hair rocks, and he wears eye liner... *sigh*

At the concert I met SO MANY people that I know from online, but have never met in person... I mean LOTS of people. Every time I turned around there was someone else that I knew, it was like a huge convention of people from TwilightMOMS. It was GREAT! I had no idea so many of them would be there, I was totally blown away. Catherine Hardwicke (Director of the Twilight Movie) was even at the concert, at least for a little while before she was mobbed by a huge crowd of girls wanting her autograph. Also in attendance that evening was Levar Burton and his daughter!

Anyways, like I said before, the concert was great, I cried several times when Justin sang. After the concert was a blast, we just sat in the auditorium for a while so we didn't have to fight the crowds, and ended up being almost at the back of the line. A few people came and found me to tell me Steph was asking where I was (insert fan girl squeeling here) which made me smile... I know, I am a dork. But that was established long ago. Finally we made it to where Stephenie was signing books, and said hi, we didn't say much else, there was a crazy collector guy (A few of us have named him Angry Sweaty Guy) in line who was yelling at a security guard about something and everyone was obviously a little freaked out... So we just said our hello's and moved along :) I was excited because I finally got to meet Elizabeth, Steph's publicist, whom I get to talk with via email but had never met until last Thursday.

After we were all out of the signing a group of us decided to get some food at Denny's... and middle of the night insanity ensued. And finally around 3 or 4 in the morning we all made it back to our hotel rooms and crawled into bed. Here, again I need to give my hubby kudos as we were sharing a room with 2 other women that night and he was the only representative of the male species. We were all collapsing into fits of giggles at this point and couldn't for the life of us figure out what was so funny :)

The next morning (Friday) we all woke up, an Chad had to work (sucks I know!) so I went with all the ladies to get some lunch, and then we took a bus to Santa Monica Piers. SUCH A BLAST! We rode the carousel, ate cotton candy, played in the surf, rode the Ferris Wheel, and basically just played around. When it was time to leave we grabbed a cab and went back to the Hotel... where Chad told me he had bought us tickets to see Wicked! *Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*

I have wanted to see Wicked for several YEARS now, and finally being able to see it was just the icing on the best couple of days EVER. The set was just amazing. And the cast was just as good as what I have heard of the Original Broadway Cast. I cried during this show too. There was one part in particular that really just touched me, towards the end of the show Elphaba and Glinda sing a song called For Good. And as cheesy as it is, it made me think of the magical time I had had the last couple days with my friends, and I couldn't hold back my tears :) Here is a little section of the lyrics.


I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason
bringing something we must learn
and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them
and we help them in return

now I don't know if I believe that that is true
but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you...

like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun,
like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood...
who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you I have been changed for good


It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime
so let me say before we part: so much of me is what I have learned from you
you'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart
now whatever way our stories may end I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend...

Like a ship blown from it's mooring by a wind off the sea
like a seed dropped by a skybird in a distant wood who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you... I have been changed for good


There are so many things that happened... And I just can't describe any of it in a way that will give it all justice. But I think that song at least describes some of it.





My husband is the best husband in the world. Ever!
My friends are the best friends in the world. Ever!
I am blessed :)

xoxox

I will post more of the pictures tomorrow in another post... I have SO many to go through, I am having a hard time choosing which ones to post!