Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Readergirlz and Girl Overboard

A few months ago my love (read: obsession) of all things Stephenie Meyer lead me to a wonderful group called Readergirlz. Readergirlz is basically an online book community created by 4 superfantasic ladies... The Readergirlz Diva's: Janet Lee Carey, Lorie Ann Grover, Dia Calhoun, Justina Chen Headley, and a recent addition Mitali Perkins.

Immediately upon discovery of Readergirlz, I joined their myspace group and began participating in the various discussions. Can I tell you how much I LOVE these ladies? They are warm, and inviting, and passionate about literature... That is pretty much the recipe for a good friend in my book :) I absolutely LOVE to read, I mean LOVE it. so finding them was kinda like coming home... PLUS, Lorie Ann and I have exceptional taste in men... We BOTH love us some Jacob Black, and Severus Snape! But I digress... :)

When I discovered them, I added them to my friends on myspace. Imagine my shock, joy, awe, wonder... pick a word... when one of the Diva's actually contacted me. Justina messaged me on myspace one day and we started talking. Our conversation lead to Justina placing an order for several pendants as Christmas gifts to the other Diva's.

They turned out very pretty if you ask me :) Each one has 2 different beaded charms that they can choose from.




After Justina gave the other Diva's their pendants, she emailed me again with another order. I was already thrilled with the thought that they all had these pendants I had made for them, but now I was ECSTATIC!

Her new book Girl Overboard was just released, and Justina wanted 10 pendants for her book release party. At this point I was (still am) totally on cloud nine. I still feel so honored that she even asked me. After playing around with the design for a little bit, this is what she and I decided on. The front has the title of her book, over the background of her book cover. The back has a small quote from the book.



They turned out cute huh? I think so...

I wanted to add something here about something Justina is doing that I think is really great. She has partnered with Burton Snowboards and Youth Venture, they are co-sponsoring the Go Overboard Challenge Grant. If you know any teens who you think could help make a difference in this world, or maybe already are, send them over to that link. The people who submit the best idea's will win 1000$ to help them towards their goals.

Readergirlz has been so good to me, I just wanted to tell everyone about the great thing they have created. If you get a chance you should go check them out, you will be glad you did! Read their manifesta it makes me smile :)

Thank you Justina, Lorie, Dia, AND Janet for making me feel so welcome in your community. Mitali, I look forward to getting to know you, and ALL of you Diva's, in this new year.