Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dance of Friendship

Last September as I was blessed to "meet" a group of women who really really have changed so much in my life. Truth be told I have never met most of these women face to face. I may never meet some of them face to face... Although I really really hope to one day. But we have created such a strong bond we rarely go a day without checking in with each other, either through phone calls or email.

This morning I received this in my email from one of these beautiful people. And I wanted to share it here.


I saw this piece tonight on So You Think You Can Dance and it brought me to tears. Not just because the dance itself was beautiful and moving emotionally on its own, but because it reminded me of all of you - your beauty, your grace, your kindness and your constant friendship and charity.

It was also very symbolic - the part where one girl fell off the stage into the other dancers' arms and then the other fell back onto them and they rocked her back up to the stage reminded me of how we are all there for each other through the trials we individually face in our own lives - how we catch one of us whose falling and then are ready to comfort another.

I was especially touched by the very end - when the last girl's hand came up to reach for something that wasn't there and the other one caught it and brought it down to rest on her head. It was like even though we are all spread out over this planet, we reach out for each other every day and find someone's hand to hold, or wise council to receive or funny craziness to laugh at, or special insight to share, even if it only is through cyberspace ;)

Love to you all, my angels:





I loved this dance... And it really does speak to the true meaning of friendship. Much love to you Britten, and to the rest of my beautiful friends, whether you are someone who like me received this email this morning, or you are one of my wonderful blogging friends, or one of the friends I am lucky enough to know outside of the cyber world.

xoxo
Georgia