Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44




Three times, I reached down to lift a slippery crying infant from the water.
Each time, overwhelmed by love, joy... the perfection of the tiny new face.
Three faces I watch each day, and see in those eyes the promise of a better tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several blogs I follow are participating in a fun little thing today, I thought I would share it here.

Basically the gist of it is, to honor the changes being made in our country today, post a picture on your blog that speaks to you of hope, optimism, etc. It doesn't to have anything to do with the inauguration itself, just something that speaks to you on a personal level. Then post the photo along with 44 words about it or about today itself. Obama is our 44th President.

You can do this regardless of your political views, you did not have to vote for Obama in order to be able to participate.

This idea originated here: http://practicalbrownbob.blogspot.com/2009/01/44-calling-all-bloggers.html and I first learned of it on Shuttersisters.com