Friday, May 25, 2007

The ants go marching one by one hurrah... hurrah...

I have little tiny demon invaders in my house.




They look less evil in this photo, but trust me they are of the devil...


They are living somewhere in the wall behind my stove is my best guess. They come out at random intervals throughout the day and just wander around looking for something to eat. They walk in a line under the edge of my counter, they crawl into the sink. They are even in my DISHWASHER!

I have been very good about wiping the counters, and washing the dishes right away, or at least rinsing them so there is no food to be had. I make sure to rinse any residue of juice or soda down the sink. I don't leave dinner sitting out on the stove... And yet they come. They come and walk all over my counters and sinks, and up the wall behind the stove. It is really starting to piss me off.

I have had the exterminator over TWICE. I have even bought those little ant baits that are supposed to poison them and the whole nest... Yeah, not so much. The little bastards swarmed that stuff and went on their merry way. Not a hint of deadness anywhere. Nope, they are like the ants of the apocalypse! I don't know what that means, but it sounded neat in my head...

WHAT am I to do? Seriously, they are bugging the crap out of me. And they are weird. They do not ever go near where the actual food is, they stay away from the cupboards and dog food... but the food free counters and sink? Those are fair game apparently.

Pleeeeeeeease, if you know of a way to kill these suckers that actually WORKS help a girl out and pass that secret on. :)