Friday, July 27, 2007

8 things... and The Burning Questions...


I have been tagged with a couple different meme's lately and have fallen way behind... So today I will catch up. Prepare yourself for a long-ish post.

First, I was tagged today by Sophie
.

So, here are 8 random bits about me... but first the rules.

* We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
* Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and they should read your blog.


1. I hate fish, or seafood of any kind. EWWWW! They all taste like fish, no matter what you say. And well, I think its pretty gross.

2. I just got my hair done on Tuesday. It is no longer super dark brown... it has pretty blonde streaks now. Maybe eventually it will be all blonde again, who knows.

3. I am Mormon. Are you surprised? People are always surprised...

4. I always have these big ideas, that I don't know how to execute... or I know how to execute but do not have the money. Like right now, I want to buy all the supplies to start electroforming stuff... I have idea's people! Anyone want to donate to my cause? LOL

5. I have the mouth of a sailor... I really do. All 3 of my kids learned how to swear by the age of 2... oops. These days I try to keep it to the occasional "dammit" (is that how its spelled? my spell checker says so...). And I was filled with an unexplainable glee when reading the new Harry Potter book and Ron said "effin" (not the real word, but still I knew what it meant) and Mrs. Weasley called Bellatrix LeStrange a Bitch. It was GLEE I tell you. I stopped and re-read the paragraphs where it happened just to enjoy it again.

6. I am so freaking excited to read the new Stephenie Meyer book. HELLO!!!! The Twilight series has stolen my heart... and if you have read them then you will understand when I say Edward can steal my soul... Yes, people. I am in love with a fictional vampire named Edward Cullen... He is so smoking sexy and I don't even know why...

7. I am an excellent procrastinator... for example I am writing this blog instead of making new pendants to sell...

8. I don't like to spend money... it is hard for me. I am getting better at it, I am now willing to buy myself supplies to make my jewelry and other projects... but until the last year it filled me with dread to buy anything more than 20$... even the 20$ I had a hard time with and always called my husband to ask if it was ok... he thought I was crazy.

And now... for the Burning Questions, asked of me by the lovely Jenica... I was supposed to answer these about a month ago...

Q. Do you floss?
A. Now I am going to sound just plain gross... because most days the answer is no. I hate flossing. I do it when my teeth feel icky, or when I think I have something stuck in them... My dentist probably hates me.

Q. How has motherhood changed you as a person?
A. Oh, wow... I could go on for years about this one... I think everything about me is changed... the way I look at life, the things I do... The friends I hang out with even. For corns sake even my body has been drastically changed. I have had to learn patience (still not the best at this), I have had to *try* to get organized... so not me! I love it all though, would never change a thing, except maybe magically make them all listen to me every time I speak.

Q. Name 3 pet peeves of yours, however neurotic they may seem
A. * Opened doors and closet doors. Especially at night when I am trying to sleep. If a door is open I get progressively irritated until I have to close it.
* Smelling like food... I cannot stand to smell like food. If I have been in a restraunt, or cooking and I can smell it in my clothes or my hair I will be very mad.
* Listening to people say stupid things. Like when people defend Bush like he is soooo great. He is not, people he is the devil. Or when I heard a group of teenage girls talking about some guy at school saying "He is such a loser, he is soooo gay!" And then listing each thing about him that marked him as different... PISSES ME OFFFFFFFF!
* While we are on the subject I will add one more pet peeve... People who are mean to people who are different for whatever reason. I had a chair thrown at my head once in High School, and for the better part of 2 years in H.S. I had at least one, usually 3 or 4 guys from wrestling and football follow me to class calling me such lovely things as "fu@&ing dyke" or some other gems I don't want to type out here ... All because I had short hair and was friends with a few gay kids. I hated high school... Apparently i am still not over all that... DON'T BE A MEANY!

Q. Name a few moments or experiences in your life that *defined you*
A. Oh wow... so many.
* I think I will have to go waaaay back to good old H.S. and remember a time when life was hard, but I had really good friends. I was having some kind of break down (of course) and my dear friend Luke sat outside with me late into the night. He pointed to the stars and reminded me of some very important things about life and myself I had been forgetting. Then we sat in silence for what seems like hours holding hands. Or the night he got into a verbal scuffle with "The Crow" and we walked around all night talking... *sigh* I miss my friend Luke...
* And a second one... Hrmmm... The first time I told someone that I loved them, and they said it back... It totally blew my mind.
* Meeting and becoming friends with Adam Lawson... seriously, everyone needs an Adam. He changed my life.
* Marrying my husband. He is amazing
* And because I can't resist a 5th... Each time I gave birth to one of my children. I cannot even describe what it was like, but it was AMAZING. I felt very empowered having done them all at home naturally, but it was so much more than that... Looking into each of their faces was pure magic, and looking at my husband knowing we had created this little person... wow. There are no words.

Q. Name your favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
A. Breakfast is Belgian waffles with fresh strawberries, real maple syrup, and powdered sugar. Lunch is a Dr. Pepper... what? Dinner would have to be Chicken Tika Masala from Bombay house with Garlic Naan and a Mango Lasse... yum. Dessert would be anything chocolate.


So, I am breaking the rules, and I am not tagging anyone right now... but if you would like me to ask you some Burning Questions leave me a comment and tell me so!