Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend festivities & Master Cleanse: Day 1 take 2

Last weekend was mighty fun. On Friday night we had 2 other couples from church over for a big dinner. I made shish-ka-bobs with different kinds of meat and fruit. They were YUMMY! Just so you know, if you ever want to grill pork, you should first marinate it in Lawry's Caribbean Jerk Marinade... That stuff is TO DIE FOR!!! And also next time you are grilling try this: Marinate apple chunks and pineapple chunks in the juice from one can of pineapple chunks, one can of coconut milk. Stir in a little cinnamon and vanilla... Skewer those fruit pieces and grill them up. SOOOOO good!

Anyhow, back to the dinner party. We had the shish-ka-bobs, a rice dish, some stir fried veggies, and just an all around good time. After dinner Chad and I taught everyone to play Nertz. Quite possibly the GREATEST card game evah! Seriously, its addicting. You should try it. And just as a side note we play it with Rook cards. Those make it easier in my opinion because instead of trying to see the different suits, you just have 4 different colors.

On Saturday we went grocery shopping at Costco... arg! We bought some REALLY delicious food and i WANT some. But it will all be there when I am done... except the muffins. Those great, big, delicious cake like muffins. *sigh*

Sunday was church... meh. But it was really not that bad, we got cookies:) hehe

After church I made sure to eat little bits of every little thing I knew I would be missing after last night, and man oh man were they good. Finally it was time to drink my tea before bed...

So, I drank my tea Sunday night before bed, and I woke up yesterday morning at 6 to drink my sea water (AKA salt water flush), I admit it did not taste as bad as I remember from last week... And also, this time it TOTALLY worked! *insert hallelujahs song here* It worked so very well infact that I almost had to call someone to bring Kayden to school. It was like a mass exodus from my colon. Luckily for me, I did not need to call anyone. That would have sucked, "Um, yeah... Could you please bring Kayden to school for me? I drank 32 oz of salt water and now I cant get off the toilet!"


For the most part the day went smoothly. I was not really hungry except for a few times, and I just drank some more lemonade and the feelings of hunger went away. I did have a headache again for the second half of the day. It was sucky sucky. And I was CRAVING things. Nothing in particular... I think I just wanted to chew. I kept thinking to myself, If I just chew it and spit it out it wont change the effects of the cleanse right? DAMN I wanted to chew something, ANYTHING! This song kept playing in my head... Watch it, you'll laugh... It will stick in your head and you will find yourself humming it all through the day. :)


So as far as the cleanse goes... I drank a total of 8 glasses of lemonade, about 44 oz of water and one cup of tea before bed last night. I made it through day one this time, and now its on to day two.

Also last night a friend of mine came over and we got down with our crafty selves... We busted out the rubber stamps and papers nad made some nifty cards. I will try to get pictures of mine up later, they are quite cute if you ask me :) I am thinking of making some and selling them in my etsy shop.

Well, I am off for now. I need to juice up some lemons.